Thursday, February 21, 2013

STOP TIME: FERNTREE GULLY - The Opening

My photographic exhibition at Burrinja Café Gallery was officially opened by critic Peter Craven on 19 February 2013.



Peter Craven delivers his speech
Burrinja Café Gallery
Photo courtesy Helena Griffiths


My friends and guests were many and varied. They included Aboriginal activist and painter Shirley Angus; President, Monash Gallery of Art Friends, Godfrey Clay; and singer Judi Connelli AM.

I was honoured to have Laura Smyth MP, Federal member for LaTrobe, attend.

Many thanks to Peter Craven for opening my show, David Martin for his didgeridoo performance, Helena Griffiths for her offer to take photos on the night and my son Colin Oehring for acting as MC.

I thank all my dear friends for attending. You helped make it a very special night.


STOP TIME: FERNTREE GULLY will run until 17 March 2013.

Burrinja Cultural Centre
Cnr Glenfern Road and Matson Drive
Upwey VIC 3158

Melway Reference: Map 75 B12

Tue - Sun 10.30am - 4pm

Phone: 9754 8723

Email: events@burrinja.org.au

Website: http://www.burrinja.org.au/
This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Café Phone: 9754 5707








No comments:

Post a Comment